avon SKIN SO SOFT sell a product that is quite famous for it’s insect repellent properties, particularly Mosquitoes, as it contains citronella.
1. It’s a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
2. It can be used to remove makeup.
3. Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
4. Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
5. Great massage oil for tired muscles.
6. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
7. Cleans ink off the skin.
8. Insect repellent.
9. Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin.
10. Cleans oil and grease off of skin.
11. Painting something? Use Skin-So-Soft to remove paint from the hands. (Instead of turpentine).
12. It soothes light sunburn.
13. Rub hands with it before washing, it helps get them cleaner.
14. Rub on dry, cracked skin….helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
15. Put 1-2 caps full in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling smooth.
16. Pour a little into your Foot Saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
17. It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most non-pour us surfaces.
18. Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
19. SSS Original Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice. Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet. Shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out, but the lice should be gone and stay gone!
20. It kills ants instantly.
21. Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain its elasticity.
22. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries….Use about the size of a dime of SSS and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
23. Use bath oil towelettes — cover window sill with towelettes to keep ants out.
24. Sometimes, using bath oil, like Avon’s Skin So Soft, will work to loosen the glue which holds the nits to the hair. There is a product called Neon Nits, which when sprayed on the hair, will highlight the nits so you can see them to then snip them out with a small scissors.
25. Psoriasis on elbows. Try Avon’s Skin-So-Soft bath oil spray on affected areas.
26. Bath use, fill bath with water and a little skin so soft, very relaxing and gets rid of dry skin.
27. Sponge it around doors, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
28. It’s a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
29. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
30. It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures.
31. It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
32. It’s an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together.
33. It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
34. It cleans heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces.
35. It takes fur off off clothing.
36. Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
37. Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces.
38. Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
39. Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with SSS. They will not rebuild there.
40. Use it to clean leather, it will also keep it soft and supple.
41. Use it on your air conditioning screen (filter)–your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
42. Rub all over window sills to keep ants out
43. It cleans paint brushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
44. It removes gum from carpets.
45. It removes scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
46. Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
47. It removes “ring around the collar”.
48. It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
49. Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little S.S.S down the sides and they’ll come apart easily.
50. It removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
51. Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
52. Maggots too!! You squirt SSS in can and lid, then later flushed with soapy water, you shouldn’t have any bugs in cans rest of summer!!!
53. It is a great furniture polish!
54. Put it in one of those bottles that you attach to your backyard hose and then spray down the back yard! Will cut down on ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
55. Spray it on rose bushes to keep the deer from eating them, (used at the cemeteries on the flowers for the same reason).
56. Kills spiders.
57. It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
58. Add a capful to wash water of clothes…acts as a fabric softener and keeps the bugs off clothes.
59. Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
60. Cleans baseball caps. Just spray on and rub with toothbrush.
61. Tomato Plants. Mix one part SSS and 2 parts water and spray on tomato plants to kept tomato worms off. Adding vinegar works fine too. Spray plants about every 2 or 3 days..
62. SSS bath oil also does a great job cleaning cherry wood cabinets.
63. Put a little in your mopping water to help keep crawling bugs out. (Not too much or the floor gets slippery.)
64. Use to clean windows.
65. Removes crayon from most surfaces.
66. It’s a great insect repellent (or you can use Bug Guard, the actual SSS repellent)
67. Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon “Skin-So-Soft” to repel no-see-‘ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip though the screens.
68. Another use for SSS is it will kill those pesky earwigs. Spray it on & they don’t return to life.
69. Also if you ever make candles, use clear wax and melt put skin so soft in it and harden works great for out side in the summer.
70. As a deodorizer, spray into air and let settle, kills those nasty pet orders.
71. Kids rooms if a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing and will give it a fresh clean smell.
72. It’s a great insect repellent for your pet. (as recommended in “Outdoor Life” and “Field and Stream”)
73. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off (Great for Show animals).
74. Mix in your pet’s bath water to remove fleas and in between spray them with the same mixture as above to help keep them at bay.
75. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
76. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
77. For dog’s dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet’s coat once per week.
78. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on SSS and then wipe off.
79. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
80. Flea Repellent: Avon’s Skin So Soft Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
81. Chow Dogs. Many chows have very dry and flaky skin. The SSS can help dandruff and itchiness and make hair shiny and smooth. It also serves as a great flea and tick protector.
82. Another Insect Repellent Recipe for Pets: 1 cup Avon Skin So Soft bath oil 1 cup white vinegar 1 cup (or more) water 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away that is available in a drug store) Mix in a spray bottle. Straight SSS works well for mosquitoes too but really makes your dog greasy.
83. Barns. Use of an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of Avon Skin- So-Soft in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours – let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
84. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
85. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Fleas don’t like it!
86. Cats: SSS IS SAFE FOR FUR LICKING ——-The SSS plus is safe as long as it is the one without sunscreen.
87. Pet’s with Sensitive Skin: Don’t overuse the SSS. Just use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days.
88. SSS can be used as a hoof polish. Put’s a nice shine to the hoof without drying it. The farrier’s wife will appreciate this one!
89. SSS can be used on pet accessories such as collars to shine them up.
SKIN-SO-SOFT (and other product) USES FOR HORSES
90. Horses with dry skin: Bathe like normal and then I put a capful of SSS in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over. Their hair coat dries silky soft and stops itching.
91. The bug guard towelletes we had last summer work great on the horse’s ears and around their eyes.
92. When banding (braiding) their manes use the Techniques Oil Sheen. It seems to help hold the braids a lot better and they don’t try to rub them out.
93. The dry end serum works great in their tails as a detangler. The products are a heck of a lot cheaper than actual horse products.
94. It removes tar spots from the car without damage to the paint.
95. Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans, but keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking.
96. After washing your car, use it as a tire dressing to keep them looking like new.
97. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car to help keep the air fresh and clean.
98. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
99. It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and non-porous surfaces (great for Mechanic’s Hands).
100. It removes tree sap.
101. Prior to traveling…rub SSS on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
102. Shines vehicle tires
103. Open a towlette and use as an automotive air freshener.
*Skin-So-Soft bath oil is approved by the FDA/CDA only as a bath oil. This list of uses comes from customers. Avon makes no claims to these uses, nor have they.
Hi, what a great thing to see all these bottles up for sale when no one can find them around here. We live in the woodlands in the highlands of Scotland and we can only survive on this.. and it being taken out of the catalogue was a disaster. Thanks!!
A satisfied customer
Just back from Antigua. Used your stuff and it was tremendous. No bites!!! Everyone else at the resort – including my missus was bitten alive. (She decided to stick with deet.)
A satisfied customer
Thanks – This is the best Holiday Skin product. Recommended
A satisfied customer
Wonderful Service. Great Product. Fast Delivery. Thank You.
A satisfied customer
No more mozzies for me! Recommended. Thanks.
Will defo be back for more in the future.
Top product – 3 weeks in india and no bites.